Enhancing employer strategies to
improve health and
control the cost of care
For over 20 years, NBCH has supported its coalition members in advancing value-based purchasing (VBP) with employers in their local communities. As part of our ongoing efforts to provide cutting-edge products to coalitions and employers, we conducted research to identify the extent to which health metrics and data are understood, used, and driving decisions. We found that purchasers are highly motivated to adopt effective strategies to help them improve the quality and control the cost of care for their employers, but they lacked the tools to do so. Based on this feedback, NBCH created the new web-based product, ValuePort™.
What is ValuePort?
ValuePort is an online tool for busy benefits and wellness professionals that helps employers adopt or enhance value-based health strategies within their organizations or with providers and vendors.
ValuePort consists of three tools to help employers:
- Assess your current purchasing and benefit design strategies
- Quantify your population risk
- Identify and select evidence-based strategies
Why Use ValuePort?
- Unlike any other tool, ValuePort integrates into one platform what employers need for effective health care purchasing and benefits decision making
- Validates current purchasing and benefit strategies and helps identify gaps
- Assists employers' work with providers and vendors on value-based health strategies
- Paired with consultation from a local business health coalition, ValuePort supports more strategic benefits planning and implementation
NBCH Member Coalitions:
ValuePort may be licensed by any NBCH member who would like to use the tool with their employer members. If you are an NBCH member considering ValuePort as a solution for your market, please contact us at VPsupport@nbch.org or go the members-only page for more information.
Other stakeholders interested in licensing ValuePort should contact Alejandra Herr to learn more.
Partner with Us
Partner with NBCH to maximize exposure and build relationships with the business community. Your support of ValuePort will assist employer efforts to improve health and transform value-based health care. Review the 2015 ValuePort Partnership Opportunities and contact us at VPsupport@nbch.org to explore a potential partnership.