|Home About NBCH Members Only Programs & Events News Publications Health Policy|
Employers and Key Stakeholders Focused on Improving Health and Health Care, Reducing Waste and Costs, and Payment Reform at NBCH Annual Conference
WASHINGTON– September 26, 2014 – The National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH) will bring together more than 400 purchasers, business and health coalitions, plans, providers and other stakeholders for its 19th Annual Conference – Employers Transforming Health Care: The Power of Collaboration. The event will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park in Washington, November 10-12, 2014 and features Shawn Leavitt, Senior Vice President, Global Benefits, Comcast, as opening keynote.
NBCH is a national, non-profit, membership organization of 54 business and health coalitions, representing over 4,500 employers and 35 million employees and their dependents across the U.S.
“Most health care purchasers have been remarkably passive in the face of skyrocketing health costs,” said Brian Klepper, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, NBCH. “By contrast, NBCH has taken an activist agenda and this meeting will display approaches that have consistently delivered far better health outcomes at lower cost. We believe that purchasers are hungry for these types of approaches that can recover health costs while improving results and drive better value throughout all of health care.”
for this event include:
• Mary Bourland, VP, Medical Documentation, Medical Director of Compliance, Mercy Health Systems
• Dan Crippen, Executive Director, National Governors Association
• Jonathan Dugas, Director of Clinical Development, The Vitality Group
• A. Mark Fendrick, Director, Center for VBID, University of Michigan
• Grant Gordon, Co-Founder & CEO, Artemis Health Analytics
• David Gruber, Managing Director, Director of Research, Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group
• Jeffrey Kang, Senior VP of Health and Wellness Services and Solutions, Walgreens Co.
• Ann Kirby, Assistant Benefits Manager, Hines
• Robert Laszewski, President, Health Policy & Strategy Associates, LLC
• Christian Moreno, Vice President, Health Risk Solutions, Lockton Dunning Benefits
• Tyneeta Morris, Director, Human Resources, Greyhound Lines, Inc.
• Mario Schlosser, Co-CEO and Co-Founder, Oscar Insurance Corporation
• Joe Thompson, Arkansas Surgeon General, Arkansas Center for Health Improvement
• Sally Welborn, Senior Vice President Global Benefits, Walmart Stores, Inc.
Registration is complimentary for all employers affiliated with an NBCH member coalition. For additional details and to register for the conference, visit NBCH’s website: http://www.nbch.org/2014-Annual-Conference.
About the National Business Coalition on Health
National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH) is a national nonprofit membership organization of purchaser-led health care coalitions, representing more than over 4,500 employers, unions and local governments, and approximately 35 million employees and dependents across the United States. NBCH and its members are dedicated to value-based purchasing of health care services through the collective action of public and private purchasers. NBCH seeks to accelerate the nation’s progress toward safe, efficient, high-quality health care and the improved health status of the American population. www.nbch.org
# # #
Note to editors: A limited number of passes are available for accredited media upon request.