Become a Coalition Member
Coalitions and their member employers are working with providers to improve the health care delivery system from Maine to California. Purchasing value means rewarding quality and cost-effectiveness in the delivery of health care services — not just seeking the lowest price. Coalitions are improving quality by holding providers accountable for their performance through the development of information systems to collect data, monitor health care outcomes, and measure value.
- NBCH membership is limited to state, local and regional business coalitions.
- Member coalitions must be organized as non-profit corporations.
- A majority of each member coalition's decision-making body must be comprised of health care purchasers who are not providers of health care services.
- Application for membership shall be made in writing to the NBCH Director of Membership and approved by a majority of the NBCH Membership Committee.
- Applicants must be committed to the promotion of NBCH's objectives.
Coalition members of NBCH have access to a wealth of benefits, including products and services provided by NBCH, which include:
- Member Directories- access to coalition member and multi-stakeholder affiliate directories with full contact information
- Members Only Website- access to the NBCH Members Only portion of the site with various capacity building resources, toolkits, committee pages, publications and white papers, and message boards
- Member e-Newsletter Blog- recipient of the weekly, NBCH member eNewsletter, including meeting announcements, a calendar of events, coalition-featured articles, “news you can use”, policy updates, and committee reports
- eValue8- entrée to the nation’s leading evidence-based request for information (RFI) tool that is used annually by coalitions and major employers to assess and manage the quality and efficiency of their health plans
Members quickly find, however, that one of the greatest assets to membership is the ability to network with other coalitions across the country; sharing experiences, success stories, challenges, and opportunities. NBCH provides several unique forums for networking, which include:
For a full list of benefits, click here. If you're interested in starting a coalition, you're encouraged to review A Guide to Building a Business Coalition on Health.
- Making the News- all member, monthly calls that feature updates from NBCH staff, coalitions, and industry stakeholders with information and resourcesthat can be used by coalitions and theiremployer members in the local market
- National Health Leadership Council- face to face meetings convened twice a year around topics relevant to health care multi-stakeholders; NBCH coalitions are invited to attend, and a white paper summary of lessons learnedis produced and distributed
- Corporate Leadership Roundtable- face to face meetings convened twice a year; coalitions are encouraged to attend and bringboard and employermembersas theagenda is purchaser-centric and an opportunity introduce employers to value based purchasing initiatives
- Annual Conference- NBCH’s annual meeting which draws approximately 500 leaders in the health care industry;the first day of the Conference is dedicated to coalition capacity building, and complimentary registrations are available to coalition directors and two employer members
For more information on NBCH coalition membership or coalitions in general, please contact Sara Hanlon, Vice President for Member Support.